WE ARE HIRING
Farm Labourer - part time
We're hiring for a Farm labourer to join our small team. This part-time position will begin in mid-June and will continue right through to early to mid-September.
Duties will involve planting, harvesting, weeding, as well as other general farm tasks like bucket washing. The wage is $16 an hour and the position will be for 15 hours a week - Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays or Fridays - 7 am till noon.
The ideal candidate:
• is hardworking and able to work in all outside conditions: wind, rain, heat, cold, mud, dust as well as beautiful sunny days
• is physically fit and capable of plenty of bending, lifting, kneeling and standing
• is able to follow detailed instructions and complete tasks in a timely manner
• has the ability to work well in both a team environment and independently; is self-motivated
• works efficiently and smart with a positive attitude
• has a passion for agriculture and/or an interest in local sustainable cut flower production
** There is a potential to assist with bouquet making (schedule would be different) If interested, please let us know in your cover letter or resume **
The position is partly funded by the Canada Summer Jobs Program, eligible applicants must:
• be between 15 and 30 years of age
• be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
• have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.